Soybean use percentage

Annual soy production 290 million tons = 290,000,000 tons. Share for animal feed (9 0%) ≙ 261,000,000 tons 1 ton of soy = 4,500,000 kcal -> 261,000,000 x 4,500,000 kcal = 1,174,500,000,000,000 kcal -> This figure indicates the calorie content of soybeans that are used as animal food every year. Average annual calorie needs of humans: Soybean oil used for industrial purposes accounts for 7 percent of soybean oil used in the U.S. This oil is converted into products like paints, plastics and cleaners. Biodiesel Biodiesel makes up 25 percent of soybean oil used in the U.S. Biodiesel is a renewable substitute for petroleum diesel made from soybean oil. When the farmer sells soybeans to a grain dealer, the beans may then go to a number of ultimate destinations. When processed, a 60-pound bushel will yield about 11 pounds of crude soybean oil and 47 pounds of soybean meal. Soybeans are about 18% oil and 38% protein. Because soybeans are high in protein,

The soybean is one of the richest and cheapest sources of protein and is a staple in the diets of people and animals in numerous parts of the world. The seed contains 17 percent oil and 63 percent meal, 50 percent of which is protein. Because soybeans contain no starch, they are a good source of protein for diabetics. Soybeans are among the best sources of plant-based protein. The protein content of soybeans is 36–56% of the dry weight (2, 3, 4). One cup (172 grams) of boiled soybeans boasts around 29 grams of protein (5). The nutritional value of soy protein is good, although the quality is not quite as high as animal protein (6). soybean meal in the United States. Broilers and turkeys consume about 44 percent of all the soybeans used by livestock in the United States, with layers consuming an additional 7 percent, for a total of 51 percent (Table 3). Soybean meal is by far the dominant plant protein produced in the United States (Table 4). Few of the other plant proteins such as Only about 6% of soybeans grown worldwide are turned directly into food products for human consumption. The rest either enter the food chain indirectly as animal feed, or are used to make vegetable oil or non-food products such as biodiesel. 70-75% of the world’s soy ends up as feed for chickens, pigs, cows, and farmed fish. More than 90 percent of soy use is for livestock feed, cooking oil, and biodiesel.” The American Soybean Association was created in 1920 to represent soybean farmers on state and national policy issues and communications.

Jan 10, 2020 Illinois corn, soybean production drops by about 20 percent Corn and soybean growers saw production drop 18.6 percent and 20.4 percent I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes 

Approximately 98 percent of the soybean meal that is crushed is further have become increasingly valuable for use in the European Union and other areas  Home » Land Use » Industrial Agriculture » Soy Agriculture Soybean meal has become a predominant feedstock for poultry and livestock, accounting for 67%  Oct 9, 2015 A hugely valuable crop with many uses, from animal feed to biofuels, crop year, soybeans were found to account for less than 1 percent of  Soybeans are processed for their oil (see uses below) and meal (for the animal feed industry). A smaller percentage is processed for human consumption and 

Aug 2, 2019 "Fifty percent of China's soybean meal went to feed hogs" before the Two men charged with using drones to smuggle contraband into N.J. 

50 percent increase — In the last decade industrial, non-biodiesel use of soybean oil in the U.S. increased by more than 50 percent. 4 127 million bushels of oil — Excluding biodiesel, industrial users of soybean oil in the U.S. are estimated to have used more than 127 million bushel equivalents of soybean oil in the 2016/17 marketing year. 5 In contrast to that, all the soy products for human use that can be bought in our country come from organic European agriculture without any genetic modification. The worldwide production of soybeans amounts to about 290 million tons per year. In 2016 the amount raised to about 330 million tons. This statistic shows the soybean oil consumption in the United States from 2000 to 2019. The soybean is one of the richest and cheapest sources of protein and is a staple in the diets of people and animals in numerous parts of the world. The seed contains 17 percent oil and 63 percent meal, 50 percent of which is protein. Because soybeans contain no starch, they are a good source of protein for diabetics. Soybeans are among the best sources of plant-based protein. The protein content of soybeans is 36–56% of the dry weight (2, 3, 4). One cup (172 grams) of boiled soybeans boasts around 29 grams of protein (5). The nutritional value of soy protein is good, although the quality is not quite as high as animal protein (6). soybean meal in the United States. Broilers and turkeys consume about 44 percent of all the soybeans used by livestock in the United States, with layers consuming an additional 7 percent, for a total of 51 percent (Table 3). Soybean meal is by far the dominant plant protein produced in the United States (Table 4). Few of the other plant proteins such as Only about 6% of soybeans grown worldwide are turned directly into food products for human consumption. The rest either enter the food chain indirectly as animal feed, or are used to make vegetable oil or non-food products such as biodiesel. 70-75% of the world’s soy ends up as feed for chickens, pigs, cows, and farmed fish.

Aug 20, 2011 Some two percent of the soybean meal is further processed into soy flours and proteins for food use… Approximately six percent of soybeans 

Aug 30, 2018 Nearly all soy—about 94 percent of it in the United States—is genetically engineered to be herbicide tolerant (HT). Chemical companies use a  U.S. soybean exports as percent of production: 2012: 44 percent 2013: 49 percent 2014: 47 percent 2015: 49 percent 2016: 47 percent (forecast) U.S. soybean exports by country, 2014/15 Top five destinations: China—1,085 million bushels European Union—167 million bushels Ninety eight percent of soybean meal is used for animal feed (poultry, hogs and cattle mostly) and only one percent is used to produce food for people. On the other hand, 88 percent of soybean oil is used for human consumption (mostly cooking oil) and 12 percent is used as an alternative to petroleum oil. Soybean farmers in the United States have the choice of planting biotech, organic or conventional seeds, and make their choice based on production methods or access to direct end-use markets. Of those 76 million acres planted, 94 percent (or more than 70 million acres) of the seeds were biotech. Soybean oil used for industrial purposes accounts for 7 percent of soybean oil used in the U.S. This oil is converted into products like paints, plastics and cleaners.

Mar 20, 2019 Soybeans are a type of edible legume that is popular in Asia and the US. The percentage of equol producers is higher in Asian populations and among vegetarians than in the Can you use soy for menopause symptoms?

Soybean farmers in the United States have the choice of planting biotech, organic or conventional seeds, and make their choice based on production methods or access to direct end-use markets. Of those 76 million acres planted, 94 percent (or more than 70 million acres) of the seeds were biotech. Soybean oil used for industrial purposes accounts for 7 percent of soybean oil used in the U.S. This oil is converted into products like paints, plastics and cleaners. Annual soy production 290 million tons = 290,000,000 tons. Share for animal feed (9 0%) ≙ 261,000,000 tons 1 ton of soy = 4,500,000 kcal -> 261,000,000 x 4,500,000 kcal = 1,174,500,000,000,000 kcal -> This figure indicates the calorie content of soybeans that are used as animal food every year. Average annual calorie needs of humans:

direct end-use markets. Of those 76 million acres planted, 94 percent (or more than 70 million acres) of the seeds were biotech. In 2011, organic soybeans were   Oct 8, 2013 A breakdown to uses for Michigan's second-largest commodity crop. Ninety eight percent of soybean meal is used for animal feed (poultry,